2.1
Style and Design

We will never do business with them or any of their subsidiaries again. If you choose to do so, beware and have low expectations for over-priced junk.

My daughter bought a Mayfair Bonded Leather Wing Chair and Ottoman with the Christmas money I gave her in 2014. The first year was fine but beginning in the second year, the layer of leather (microscopic) began to peel away from the backing. Each year it has gotten worse as you can see from the pictures of the chair and chair arm taken last month (8/18).

After three emails and multiple phone calls--each time I was assured I would contacted within 48 hours--I finally got a claims person who said because this $500 chair was four years old and three years past the one year warranty nothing could be done. (What about the full satisfaction bit?) They did offer us a 25% discount on a new chair, but the chair was out of stock. Really! I am going to spend $400 on a chair that will only last 4 years. Yeah, right. Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice shame on me.

Plow and Hearth is no longer the family founded and owned business it once was. It was sold to Evergreen Enterprises in 2010. And apparently the new parent company is not as dedicated to quality as the founders were, despite th fact that the website claims

"...we've remained faithful to the core values that have been so instrumental in our growth and success. These include honesty and integrity, treating customers the way we expect to be treated, offering only quality products we would use ourselves, and guaranteeing 100% customer satisfaction with every purchase."

The Plow & Hearth Guarantee

By the way, the hyper link to the Plow & Hearth Guarantee does not work. Figures

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Preferred solution: product replacement.

I didn't like: Poor quality, Poor return contact.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Sep 18.

Comments